HIV testing volume and positivity
Trends in the number of HIV tests conducted and the effectiveness of HIV testing services (HTS) in reaching people who are HIV- positive.
Number of tests conducted where an HIV- positive result was returned to a person (positivity)
Number of tests performed where results were received by a person (testing volume)
- 0–14 years for children and 15 years and older by sex (men and women) for adults.
- Testing modality.
- Mobile mobile testing (e.g., through vans or temporary testing facilities);
- VCT centres (not within a health facility setting); and
- Other other community-based testing.
- provider-initiated testing in clinics or emergency facilities;
- ANC clinics (including labour and deliver);
- VCT (within a health facility setting); and
- Other other facility-level testing.
Consolidated strategic information guidelines for HIV in the health sector. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2015 (http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/164716/1/9789241508759_eng.pdf?...).