Percent of health facilities with record-keeping systems for monitoring HIV/AIDS care and support
This indicator is designed to measure the capacity of health facilities to collect data on care and support services and to compile these data.
Number of health facilities maintaining adequate records on the services provided
Total number of health facilities surveyed
The following methods are recommended:
• qualitative interviews with people responsible, including interviews with officers of the health management information system.
The data should be disaggregated by department and service.
Facilities will be checked for:
1. records indicating clients receiving pre- and post-test counseling, as well as test results;
2. records indicating clients treated for HIV/AIDS-related illness;
3. evidence that reports for HIV/AIDS services are submitted on a routine basis
• health facility surveys that examine records on HIV/AIDS care and support services; and
Every 2-3 years
Condom type: N/A
Geographic location: N/A
HIV status: N/A
Pregnancy status: N/A
Service Type: N/A
Time period: N/A
Type of orphan: N/A
Vulnerability status: N/A
Patient record systems are diverse within facilities, making comparison across sites difficult. There is also no international (or national) standard for data reporting that can be used to assess whether the record-keeping system is adequate.